- Inscribe your name in Griffith Observatory history
- Honor someone in your life who is simply stellar
- Dedicate a seat in memory of a loved one
- Celebrate an anniversary, a retirement, or another special occasion
- Commemorate an astronomical experience
Benefits and beyond
- A beautiful plaque with your dedication in the iconic Samuel Oschin Planetarium for a five-year term, which includes the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, when Griffith Observatory will shine at its brightest on the international stage
- Invitation to a private event on May 20, 2024, for you and a guest
- Recognition in Griffith Observatory Foundation’s annual Year-in-review
- Right of first renewal in 2029
How much does it cost to sponsor a commemorative plaque?
Plaque dedications are $3,000 for the first seat and $2,500 for each additional seat sponsored.
How long will my name plaque be in place?
Seat dedication plaques are guaranteed for a five-year term.
Will I be able to sit in my seat when I come to shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium?
Dedicating a seat plaque does not include Foundation membership, the ability to reserve show tickets, or the right to sit in a specifically-named seat during public programs. Shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium are seated on a first-come, first-served basis and frequently sell out, so seat selection cannot be guaranteed. Become a member of Griffith Observatory Foundation to be able to reserve show tickets and to enjoy first access to seating at daily shows in the Samuel Oschin Planetarium and other benefits of belonging.
How long is this opportunity available?
You can name a seat through March 15, 2024.